DAMAGE CONTROL WINDOW FILMS FROM SOLAR GARD
What is damage control film from Solar Gard?
Have you noticed your hardwood floors, carpets, rugs, furniture, artwork, pictures looking discolored/faded or your window sills and doors deteriorating. This damage is caused by the continuous harsh solar rays that attacks your house or place of business.
Many people think that UV rays alone are responsible for these damages because they are the most harmful solar rays for your health. In reality UV (Ultra-Violet) rays contributes approx. 40% to the damage while, IR (Infra-Red) rays contribute 25%, visible light 25% and the remaining 10% is a combination of incandescent lighting and chemicals in the dyes and varnishes.
All of Solar Gard’s window films block 99% of UV rays. Blocking visible light is a matter of preference and Solar Gard window films will block from 95% to 28% of the visible light that enters through your glass panes, the less visible light the more damage control there is.
Solar Gard’s engineers have developed some of the most advanced window films available that block a significant amount of the IR rays. When choosing window film that best suits your expectations you will notice that Solar Gard has a large verity of technologies for each specific need.
Why do people choose damage control window films:
- Solar Gard window films will protect your skin and eyes from harmful UV rays that can contribute to:
- Skin cancer (melanoma and nonmelanoma)
- Premature aging and other skin damage
- Cataracts and other eye damage
- Immune system suppression
- UV protection combined with reduced Infra-Red rays and visible light will result in less damages and fading of your furniture, hardwood floors, carpets & artwork.
- Enjoy the view of the outside for most of the day and early evening without closing the shutters, blinds, shades or curtains
- Protect your assets (wood floors, carpets, furniture, art, etc.) from harmful solar rays without needing, blinds, curtains, shutters or drapes.
- Solar Gard damage/health control window films will block up to 80% of the solar energy entering your windows.
- Your HVAC units will run more efficiently while reducing your utility bills and maintenance costs.
- Homes with Solar Gard window films have a more pleasant curb appeal.