Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission (VLT%). In Kansas, window tint law percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
- Winshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top of the winshield above the manufacturers AS-1 line.
- Front side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
- Back side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
- Rear window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
How reflective can the tint be in Kansas
Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.
- Front side windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
- Back side windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
Other Kansas rules and regulations
- Restricted colors:the tint color of red amber and yellow are not legal by state law.
- Side mirrors: Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
- certificate requirements: Manufacturers of film do not need to certify the film they sell in the state.
- Sticker requirements: State law recommends but does not require stickers to identify legal tinting.
- Commercial Window FilmRoll over image to view films night effect. When it comes to making the best of your commercial space, look to KC Window Film for enhancing the performance of your glazing system. 3M™ Window Films will save energy, improve tenant comfort, and add safety while delivering the utmost in commercial and aesthetic appeal. Windows are an architectural necessity for any building. A scenic view is the want and desire of every office worker. 3M™ Window Films allow you to bring light that enters your building under control. KC Window Film has an extensive line that provides an elegant means to solving many of the most challenging aspects of managing the energy use of a building
KC Window Film uses maintenance-free
3M products. These products vary in reflectivity (from no reflectivity to high reflectivity), and range in color (from clear to silver). KC Window film only uses superior products that do not turn purple, bubble or fail to seal. KC Window Film offers a window film to suit your various energy and/or security needs.
Windows are an architectural necessity for any home. A scenic view is the want and desire of every homeowner. Yet windows present concrete problems, especially with respect to the sun. High air-conditioning costs, furniture fade, glare, and personal discomfort caused by excessive heat, are just some of these problems. KC Window Film addresses these issues by using window film and tint products that greatly reduce a combination of the sun’s visible light, ultraviolet light, and infrared heat.